Just got a BMW 1 series set of trim in…
Just got our first 1 series set of core trim to start working on. Here is the progress we’ve made so far.
What started out as wood was ground down to make room for the added material of the carbon fiber, epoxy, and clearcoat.
Laying out the pieces, to determine how much to cut off the roll.
We went with a 20oz 2×2 twill carbon fiber.
The fabric is taped up and cut off.
After setting the pieces up, we apply a bonding epoxy to adhere the fabric to the core.
The fabric is laid down and the weave is straightened out.
A short time later, we’ve trimmed off the excess fabric and wrapped it clean.
In a few days, after the bonding epoxy has fully cured, we’ll start applying epoxy to the surface of the pieces to give it some depth. Stay tuned for more.